The most important thing that parents can do to insure the safety of their children is to be aware of what your child is doing on the computer. Keep the computer is a public area of the house and talk to your children about their computing habits. Below are some links to web sites with information for parents and children.
- Surf Swell Island - an interactive online game created by Disney that teaches kids about Internet safety while still allowing them to have fun.
- Digital Safety Tips - a more general informational guide to internet safety but has specific sections on common safety concerns; it covers social media use, keeping kids safe online and password security.
- FBI - Safe Online Surfing - Cyber Safety for Youn Americans
- NetzSmartz - Resources for Parents, Educators and Children of all age groups from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Common Sense Media -
- Safe Kids - Rules for online safety