Parental involvement is an integral part of the Title I Program in the Homer-Center School District. The administration and staff recognize the significance of a partnership between home and school to help children realize their fullest potential.
1. Parents will receive an informational letter notifying them of changes to the Title I Program.
2. A yearly meeting will be scheduled to provide a program overview for all parents/guardians.
3. Parents will have an opportunity to select areas of interest for workshops via a survey. The survey will be distributed each year. The results will be used to develop effective workshops.
4. Parents will have an opportunity to participate in yearly Parent Involvement Workshops designed to provide suggestions for home involvement activities to enhance student progress and foster a love of learning.
5. Parents will have an opportunity to meet with Title I staff during meetings and conferences. Conferences will coincide with the district schedule (typically in October and February.
6. Timely information will be shared via telephone calls, letters, email and the school website.
7. The effectiveness of parent involvement activities will be evaluated via a brief parent survey.
8. The Title I staff will contact parents on an “as needed” basis to discuss student progress and provide suggestions for home involvement activities.
9. The Title I staff may elect to publish a newsletter several times throughout the year.
Title I Information >